Friday, October 18, 2013

Week 1

                                                                    BLOG 1
1. The water source I used in my MicroAquarium was number 5. It was from Meads Quarry, Island Home Avenue, Knoxville County TN. It had partial shade exposure. Rock Quarry N 35 57. 162 W83 51.960 880. This sample was collected on the 13th of October in 2013. (McFarland, 2013).

Included inside the water is Utricularia gibba and Amblestegium varium (Hedwig) Lindberg (McFarland, 2013).

                               This is the image of my MicroAquarium on Day 1.

Observations: While observing my MicroAquarium on Day 1, I noticed many black dots moving around in circles. There was also a green grass like organism that moved similar to a butterfly. There were many ant like organisms near the dirt on the bottom. I also observed brown ovals swimming and a clear worm that moved very quickly. The water had hairlike substances all throughout it and the last observation was a very fascinating insect larvae that was being sucked in and out of a leaf.


No comments:

Post a Comment